COMPOSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE CONGRESS COORDINATING COMMITTEE
Committee name: Congress Coordinating Committee
Membership: The Congress Coordinating Committee (CCC) shall comprise at least one member from each of the IFMBE and the IOMP, plus the Secretary-Generals of IUPESM, IFMBE and IOMP.
Term of Appointment: 3 years
Committee function, scope and responsibilities:
1. The CCC shall be responsible for reviewing and updating the Site Selection and voting Criteria and disseminating the information to the member countries of the IFMBE and the IOMP.
2. The CCC shall be responsible for preparation of all forms necessary for submitting an application to host a Congress and disseminating them to all member countries of the IFMBE and the IOMP.
3. The CCC shall be responsible for reviewing all applications for hosting the International Congress, ensuring that they meet all the necessary criteria and for interacting with the prospective hosts to address any missing information.
Responsibilities of Chair:
1. The Chair of the CCC, or a chosen delegate, shall be a member, ex-officio, of the Congress Organising Committee of the host country.
2. The Chair of the CCC shall be responsible for communicating with all prospective hosts
3. The Chair of the CCC, with the support of the Secretary General, shall ensure that all draft and completed applications are sent to the members of the CCC in a timely manner for their review.
4. The Chair of the CCC, with the support of the Secretary General, shall ensure that the completed summary questionnaires that have been submitted by the prospective applicants, are sent by electronic mail to all the voting General Assembly Delegates of the National and transnational affiliates.
5. During the World Congress the CCC Chair shall function as Chair of the Session during which the prospective hosts make their presentations. The chair shall ensure that each of the prospective hosts is able to present its case as fairly as possible, without serious omissions or bias. All CCC members are expected to attend the presentations. No recommendations or conclusions should follow directly from this presentation. Each presentation shall be allocated 20 minutes plus an additional 20 minutes for question and answer.
6. The Chair of the CCC shall be responsible for appointing individuals to combine the votes from the IFMBE and the IOMP General Assemblies as prescribed in “Procedures for the World Congress Site Selection”.
7. The Chair of the CCC shall announce the identity of the successful host at the General Assembly of the IUPESM.
8. The Chair of the CCC shall be responsible for receiving any appeal by prospective hosts and transmitting forthwith the information to the IUPESM President, in accordance with the “Procedures for the World Congress Site Selection”.
Responsibilities of Vice Chair:
1. The Vice Chair shall be responsible for coordination with the host organization of the forthcoming Congress to ensure that a meeting hall and facilities are provided for the prospective hosts to make oral presentations of their printed and visual materials.
2. The Vice Chair shall ensure that links to the web sites of acceptable applications are posted to the IUPESM web site. The Vice Chair ensures that IFMBE, IOMP, the national and transnational affiliates and their voting General Assembly or Council delegates are informed by IUPESM no later than 2 months prior to the Congress at which they shall be presented.
1. The CCC shall review and update the Site Selection Criteria in preparation for the Congress to be held nine years later. These shall include external criteria, such as geographic location, and the consequences for travel; and internal criteria such as required facilities, minimum scientific requirements, hotel accommodation, preliminary budget, expected delegate numbers and geographic distribution; and provision of amenities for IUPESM, IFMBE and IOMP. Details of three recent major international conferences held previously in the proposed centre, together with the names of the organisers, with whom the CCC can consult, shall be required.
2. The CCC shall prepare the application form to be filled out and submitted by prospective host countries and make this available simultaneously with the criteria. The CCC shall also prepare a 1-2 page summary questionnaire to be completed by each applicant. The document shall present information in a uniform fashion to enable easy comparison among different applications.
3. The criteria, application form and summary questionnaire, in a draft form, shall be submitted to the executives of the IFMBE and IOMP for consideration and revision, prior to seeking approval by IUPESM Council
4. The CCC shall make its criteria known to all national and transnational members of both IFMBE and IOMP as soon as available and, at least, 12 months before the next Congress at which the prospective hosts are to make their submissions. The criteria shall be posted on the IUPESM web site.
5. The CCC shall review the submissions solely to ensure that the criteria have been met sufficiently. The prospective hosts whose submissions satisfy the criteria shall be so informed. Those whose submissions are not considered adequate shall be so informed, with the possibility of revised documentation being submitted no later than 3 months prior to the Congress.
6. Through its Vice Chair, the CCC shall work with the host organization of the forthcoming Congress to ensure that a meeting hall and facilities are provided for the prospective hosts to make oral presentations of their printed and visual materials. The CCC shall arrange a timetable for these presentations.
1. Immediately following a given Congress – the CCC shall review and update all criteria for submission of applications and selection of prospective hosts.
2. No later than 12 months before the upcoming Congress – the criteria for selection and all necessary documents shall be made available to all national and transnational members of IFMBE and IOMP and posted on the IUPESM web.
3. No later than 2 months before the upcoming Congress – links to the web sites of the prospective hosts shall be established on the IUPESM web site.